This Just In ...

Click on the images on the right sidebar to see what the kids are up to!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... It's cooler and cloudy and is going to rain today.

I am thinking... about how I just don't belong anywhere. We went to some good friends' for a party on Sunday night. I didn't fit in. I imagine the women there were looking at me thinking what a snob I was. I just didn't fit in. It got me thinking about how I used to be friendly. In high school and college I was excited about meeting new people and would be social and mingle. I don't know if it's being burned one too many times, or if I really just don't care anymore. But I am a snob. I have no desire to talk to people or get to know new people. I enjoyed talking to the couple of people I knew. But otherwise, I just didn't care.

I am thankful ... that I am able to be involved in my kids' schools.

I am wearing... a pair of denim capris, a white tank top, my favorite brown moccasins and my hair in a pony.

I am planning... lessons and a couple of days off from school on Thursday and Friday.

I am creating... nothing.

I am going... to go to Brynne's Mom and Me Muffin Morning on Thursday.

I am reading... Mad Dash by Patricia Gaffney; The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw and Radical by David Platt.

I am hoping... that I am wrong about my ill feelings.

On my mind... is the genuineness of people. I may be a snob, but at least I'm not pretending not to be. Last week I was walking in the evening and I walked past the house of some people we used to go to church with. I had an image of what a "nice" family they were, what a "Christian" family. I heard the dad yell to his son, who was in the backyard pulling the hose around, "**** you are a complete idiot, despite what you think. Go the other way! **** take the hose the other way!" And he wasn't saying it like, "Hey **** you doofus, take the hose the other way. Oh, geez, what a goof ball." No. He was calling his son an "idiot" and meaning it.

From the learning rooms... Brynne's will get smaller this next week because they transferred a pre-k teacher (Brynne's from last year) to kindergarten so they will have 20 kids in a class instead of 30. I was told by Eli's teacher and resource teacher that since we started our marble box that he has gotten all his work done and hasn't even had to go see the resource teacher to help him finish it!!! Kyndal is still doing well and enjoying her classes. Dawson will have a very busy day today and tomorrow because he and Kyndal are taking off school Thursday and Friday to go on their yearly trip with their dad.

Noticing that ... First it was frogs. Then it was butterflies. Now? Armadillos! Glad I decided not to plan a fall garden. They would demolish it.

From the kitchen... we have a full pantry, fridge and freezer since I went to the store this weekend and our menu is more on track this week.

Around the house... It is super dark because some of our house lighting is not working.

One of my favorite things... is a cool Fall breeze, my back porch and a cup of coffee, all at the same time.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Busy school days, quieter evenings.

From my picture journal.

On our window last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments is the BEST part of blogging! Please leave me one, if you want to! Even if you don't have a blog, just leave me an "Anonymous" comment and sign your name in the body of the comment. I love to see who's reading all this craziness that comes from my mind! Have a great day!